Discovery World connects innovation, science, technology and the environment with exploration and learning through interactive exhibits and experiential learning programs.
We are dedicated to helping people positively impact their communities by developing a better understanding of technology and the environment while fostering both innovation and creativity.
Discovery World is a 120,000-square foot facility that includes interactive science, technology and freshwater exhibits, learning labs, theaters, television and audio studios, and fresh and saltwater aquariums.
Venture into our world of technology
- Take a 3-D journey into virtual environments.
- Feel the dips and dives of flying an airplane.
- Lie on a bed of nails.
- See the inside of a nuclear reactor.
Immerse yourself in our world of water
- See aquatic life from the Great Lakes, North Atlantic, and the Caribbean.
- Interact with stingrays, sea urchins, sturgeons, and more in our touch tank.
- Navigate your own ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle).
- View the world's largest model of the Great Lakes while you learn about native amphibians, reptiles, and fish.
Discovery World is also home to the S/V Denis Sullivan, a 137-foot replica of a 19th century Great Lakes schooner and a floating classroom for water education and conservation programs, day and night sails, and private receptions.
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, our grounds and promenade provide plenty of opportunity for strolling, picnicking or just enjoying the view.