Let Discovery World help you give the perfect gift. We have wonderful options to provide fun and learning while helping create lifelong memories. So, let’s take a look at the possibilities:
Discovery World Gift Membership:
- Any level of membership can be given as a Discovery World Gift Membership. This membership starts immediately after the sales transaction and can be purchased online, in-person at Discovery World, or over the phone at (414) 765-8620. You will need to know the recipient’s contact information (first/last name, address, phone number, email address, and number of children age 17 and under).
- This option allows the giver the choice of having the membership cards mailed to them or directly to the recipient. There is also the option of having renewal notices (reminders of the membership’s expiration) sent to the recipient, to the giver, or to both.
- Hot Tip: This is a great option if you would like the recipient to be able to use their membership immediately after the purchase.
- Hotter Tip: When purchasing a Discovery World Gift Membership online, be sure to check the box that says “This membership is a gift” under the “Registration” section. This will prompt the system to ask for all of the necessary information for both the giver and recipient.
Discovery World Membership Gift Certificate:
- This is a Discovery World Gift Certificate that can be purchased for any level of Discovery World Membership.
- The gift recipient’s contact information is not needed in order to purchase a Membership Gift Certificate (only necessary if you would like the certificate mailed directly to the recipient). Membership Gift Certificates can be purchased in-person at Discovery World or by phone at (414) 765-8620. Once purchased, the gift recipient will have six months from the transaction date to redeem the certificate (in person or by mail) and start their one-year membership. (Keep in mind that the membership is not active until the certificate has been redeemed in-person or by mail.)
- Hot Tip: This option is ideal if the gift recipient would not be able to use their membership immediately after the purchase.
General Discovery World Gift Certificate:
- This is a Discovery World Gift Certificate that can be purchased for any desired denomination.
- The gift recipient’s contact information is not needed in order to purchase this certificate (only necessary if you would like the certificate mailed directly to the recipient). Once purchased, the gift recipient will have one year from the transaction date to redeem the certificate. General Gift Certificates can be purchased in-person at Discovery World or over the phone at (414) 765-8625.
- General Discovery World Gift Certificates can be applied toward daily admission, membership fees, Discovery World Summer Camp fees, or sails on the S/V Denis Sullivan. (Advanced reservations are required for sails on the S/V Denis Sullivan and Discovery World Summer Camps.)
- Please note this certificate cannot be used at the onsite gift shop, dk Express Café, or toward parking fees for the Discovery World underground parking garage.
- Hot Tip: This is a good option for flexibility as there are multiple ways in which the General Discovery World Gift Certificate can be used and you are able to pay what you wish.
Please be aware that all Discovery World Gift Certificates must be safeguarded as they cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
If you have any questions regarding which gift option best fits your needs or if you need clarification regarding the information provided, please do not hesitate to reach out. Our helpful Discovery World staff is always willing to help.
Published: November 5, 2019
Updated: January 21, 2020