Which One is Right for You?
Perhaps you already know that a Discovery World Family Membership is a great value for families who want to visit Discovery World multiple times throughout the year. Family memberships include invitations to special events like Lakefront Fireworks and Halloween Members Night, flat rate parking, and other sweet perks exclusive to members.
But how does a Family Membership differ from a Family Plus Membership? And which one is right for your family? Different families have different needs; so we’ve designed the Family Plus Membership with that in mind.
Ask yourself these three questions before deciding:
- Do you have a primary caregiver who you would like to authorize to bring your child/children to Discovery World when you, as the primary cardholder, are unable to be present?
- Do you have a son or daughter who has reached the age of 18, resides at home, and would like to explore Discovery World with the family?
- Do you occasionally wish to bring an extra guest along for the fun?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Family Plus option might be ideal for you!
So Now What?
You can set up your Family Plus Membership in a few different ways to admit a third adult:
- CAREGIVER: You can authorize admission for a specific caregiver, such as babysitter or nanny, to bring the children who reside in your household to Discovery World when the named cardholders are not present. You simply provide the caregiver’s name in advance for us to add to the membership records, then the caregiver simply presents a photo ID at each check-in.
- ADULT CHILD: You may have an adult child, age 18+, who you would like admitted under the membership and/or authorized to bring younger children on behalf of the primary cardholders. You provide their name in advance to be added to the membership records, then they will be checked in along with the primary cardholders when visiting with the family, or present a photo ID if being admitted without the primary cardholders.
- GUEST: If your family profile does not include a caregiver or adult child, you may use the Family Plus option to admit one additional guest per visit when at least one of the primary adult cardholders are present at the time of check-in. Note: The Family Plus does not permit a guest to check-in without at least one primary cardholder present.
If this option sounds perfect for your family, please join, renew or upgrade with “Family Plus” today! And if you are a grandparent, you may use the Grandparents Plus option in a similar way for an adult grandchild or guest.
FYI – Discovery World offers a courtesy discount of $5 off the regular price of admission for guests of members. There is no limit to the number of guests admitted with this discount, however, the guests must be admitted with the member(s) at the time of check-in.
Membership Check-In Information:
- A photo ID is required at every member check-in, for every level of membership. Thank you for presenting your active membership card and/or photo ID on every visit.
- Only named cardholders or third named adult “plus” members may check-in with an active membership card and/or photo ID. Discovery World memberships are not transferable for use by anyone other than the named cardholders or third named adult “plus” member.
- At least one named adult cardholder or third named adult “plus” member must be present to check in minor children. Minors may not admit themselves under the membership.
- Discovery World is not required to admit a nanny, babysitter or grandparent with member children under a standard “Family” membership, and may be subject to regular admission rates. An upgrade to “Family Plus” would be appropriate for families with this need.
At Discovery World, we want every visit to start quickly and easily so you can begin to have fun ASAP!
The right membership level can ensure that every check-in is smooth and simple.
Questions? Please contact the helpful representatives in the Membership Department at 414-765-8620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate our members!