50th Anniversary Moon Landing Celebration
Discovery World will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing with hands-on activities, displays, and educational experiences for the public to enjoy.
Focusing on local Milwaukee & Wisconsin connections to NASA and space exploration, the event will highlight the illustrious past of lunar travel and seek to inspire our community to become the next generation of rocket scientists, researchers, and explorers.
Activities will include:
- Kenosha LEGO Users Group will have LEGO Futuristic Moon landing and LEGO Sun-Earth-Moon Orrery displays.
- Carthage College students will demonstrate technology developed for Microgravity Projects in partnership with NASA researchers and Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium.
- What did folks drive in 1969? A local Volkswagon group will be displaying vehicles of the era outside of Discovery World!
- Spaceport Sheboygan will share memorabilia from the second largest space program memorabilia collection including; NASA lithographs, Apollo documentation publications, and models.
- The UW-Milwaukee Panther Rocketry will be displaying high-powered rocket projects and information on how to build them!
- STARBASE Wisconsin Academy will showcase interactive CAD designs and two Aircraft Flight Simulation stations.
- Meet the MSOE Lunabotics Team – an organization that supplies students with the opportunity to design, fabricate, build, and test a mining robot that can compete at the NASA Lunabotics Competition at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- Vibetech will showcase technology that helps combat muscular atrophy during space travel.
- UW-Green Bay Sheboygan will be here with various demonstrations about Spectral Lamps, meteorites, and rockets. Depending on the weather, they may be able to set up a telescope outside for solar observation!
- Take part in the Kohl’s Design It! Lab Rocket Design Challenge!
- Todd Wehr Theater – Showing Apollo 11 at 10:15am, 12pm, and 3pm. Sponsored by Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium.
Please note: Due to the extreme heat weather advisory, the Science Saturday demos held outside have been canceled.
|Saturday, Jul 20th|
10am - 4pm
|Enjoyed by All Ages|
|Included with Admission|