Full STEAM Ahead
This all-ages friendly event will demonstrate how art fits into science, technology, engineering, and math. The answer of course is…in so many ways! Come learn about how important the “A” in STEAM is. Complete building projects using every day materials, hands-on demonstrations, and learn how to incorporate Art into STE(A)M by interacting with local organizations, companies, and schools.
Arts @ Large Inc. (10am-1pm)
- Enjoy a STEAM activity to connect Math and Art! Complete a project modeling the geometry found in Bee Balm plants. This activity creating frusta was created by Artist Peter Krsko, and is for you to take home after completion!
- Learn about the animals that call Lakeshore State Park their home, view some specimens under a lens, and explore the benefits of combining art and nature!
UWM Art Education/ArtsECO (10am-4pm)
- Learn about artists whose work is inspired by water and our Great Lakes region. In the spirit of observation and artistic expression, you will study fish native to Wisconsin waterways and create your own clay fish to take home.
UWM College for Kids & Teens (10am-2pm)
- Celebrating 40 years, UWM College for Kids & Teens will be hosting a STEAM-based activity expo that will highlight some aspects of their summer enrichment programming.
Miwaukee Art Therapy Collective (10am-4pm)
- Art makes your brain happy! Learn what goes on in your brain when you create art and how art and Psychology work together to increase happiness. Have fun making spin art with Milwaukee Art Therapy’s homemade spin art machine and take home your own piece of art!
Milwaukee Art Museum presents Kohl’s Color Wheels (10am-4pm)
- Enjoy hands-on art activities for your whole family, inspired by MAM’s collection.
|Saturday, Mar 7th|
10am - 4pm
|Enjoyed by All Ages|
|Included with Admission|