MAKE A RESERVATION
Discovery World is available for field trips and lab experiences most Tuesdays-Fridays from 9am-4pm during the calendar school year, and seasonal Mondays from 9am-4pm. During the summer, lab experiences, movies, and theater shows are not available due to Discovery World Summer Camp. Phone reservations may be made Mon-Fri from 8am-4pm at 414.765.8625. Please read the Planning a Trip FAQs and our Price Guide for more trip information. Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance or more. No reservations will be accepted without at least three weeks notice.
No trip is confirmed until payment is received. No refunds will be issued for cancellations with less than two weeks notice or “no shows.” All payments are non-refundable, and there are no refunds or credits for persons missing on the day of the trip. School Group admission rates only apply during the academic school year.
How to Book Your Next Field Trip
- View all of our field trip information and read our FAQs on how to plan a trip. Additional programming experiences are available for an additional cost, but subject to availability. Descriptions, pricing, capacities, and grade restrictions are indicated online and divided by grade levels.
- Contact the School Experiences Coordinator, Connor McElveen, if you have any curriculum questions at 414.765.8779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book your field trip in advance with our Reservations Department by (a) filling out the Online Field Trip Request Form below anytime, (b) sending an email to email@example.com, or (c) calling them at 414.765.8625. If emailing or calling, please be prepared with the following information below. We require at least three weeks notice for booking a visit and recommend more time if you are looking to add on additional programming.
- School and personal contact information
- A range of preferred field trip dates (dates are subject to availability)
- Number of students (per grade) and total number of adults. (The minimum adult to student ratio is 1:10.)
- Preferred arrival and departure times
- Preferred programs and/or extra experiences (subject to availability, additional fees apply)
- Special needs or requests we should be aware of
- Our Reservations Department will contact you to confirm your field trip.
- Receive an emailed invoice/contract from our Reservations Department along with your schedule, a map of the building, and our procedures and policies. Read over all materials thoroughly.
- Finalize your headcount with our Reservations Department at least two weeks prior to your field trip. No changes to diminish your headcount will be accepted after the two-week deadline. Additions to headcount may only be made if space is available, especially if you have additional programming included in your day.
- Sign and date your contract and return it to Discovery World two weeks prior to your field trip.
- Make payment in full two weeks prior to your field trip by check or credit card. Call 414.765.8625 to pay by card, or you may send a check to:
500 N Harbor Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Organize student groups with chaperones prior to arrival. We require at least one adult chaperone for every 10 students. Chaperones need to know when and where their group of students are eating lunch, participating in activities, and disembarking.
- Join our FREE Educator Community for continued benefits and updates.
- Arrive at Discovery World at your appointed date and time.
- Have a blast!
Know Before You Go
There are street and ramp closures in our area due to construction on the Lakefront Gateway Project and I-794 Lake Freeway/Hoan Bridge. In order to better plan your visit to Discovery World, please visit the following links for help on navigating the ramp closures, lane restrictions, and overnight closures that are planned.
Map of Discovery World
Download a map of Discovery World for each of your chaperones.
DISCOVERY WORLD MAP
The Day of Your Field Trip
For security reasons, we are responsible for knowing how many people are in the building at any time. You will be asked to provide a final headcount of students and adults that are walking through our doors the day of your field trip, regardless of what your original headcount. Orientation will not begin until the Guest Service Staff who greet your group have received this number.
ONLINE RESERVATION FORM