Events Attendant (Part-Time)
Events Attendant (Part-Time)
Reports To: Events Manager
Schedule: Part-Time, Evening and Weekend hours
Pay Rate: $13/hour
Event Attendants are responsible for greeting and orientating event guests while adhering to the highest of customer service standards during both Discovery World and Catered events. Event Attendants will follow event schedules and familiarize themselves with each event that they are attending. Event Attendants are responsible for representing Discovery World and upholding Discovery Worlds standards for service, operations and upkeep of event spaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintain high level of customer service while greeting event and museum guests.
- Ensure Discovery Worlds standards for service and cleanliness are upheld during all events.
- Maintain good communication with Discovery World Staff, contractors, and vendors during events to make sure event details are executed according to plan.
- Complete any Audio/Visual needs for each event as assigned.
- Complete any parking needs for each event as assigned.
- Complete event checklists pre and post event as assigned.
- Communicate any and all feedback and issues with Management promptly.
- Work with Director of Public Experience and Museum Events Manager to plan and execute Discovery Worlds mission-focused events.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.):
- Required to exert physical effort in handing objects more than 50 pounds: (such as table set-up, chair set-up, moving signage, moving A/V equipment, etc.)
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.):
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements:
- Normal setting for this job is: Front desk, event spaces, and exhibits.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma Required
- Some College Coursework: Preferred
- Minimum 2 years previous Customer Service experience in a hospitality or event setting: Preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Basic knowledge of Audio/Visual and comfort learning new skills such as: laptop hook-up, playing music on a sound system, playing PowerPoint Presentations, microphone hook-up, etc.
- Basic computer skills such as: Microsoft Suite, Creation and maintenance of spreadsheets.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt on the fly
- Commitment to providing a high-quality guest experience