Exhibit Maintenance Technician: Mechanical (Part-Time)
Exhibit Maintenance Technician: Mechanical
Reports To: Exhibit Maintenance Supervisor
Schedule: W-S (830-5)*
*Flex scheduling may be required
Under the supervision of the Exhibit Integration Supervisor, maintain and/or rebuild existing exhibits with a mechanical focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Using design drawings, schematics, specifications, select appropriate materials and maintain all finished exhibits
- Install, maintain, rebuild and/or repair existing exhibits: Strong focus on all aspects of mechanical repair and integration for exhibits
- Strong focus on preventative maintenance when feasible
- Advise Exhibit Integration Supervisor of developing faults in existing exhibits
- Recommend design changes or construction changes to improve durability and user safety
- Strong reporting of recurring maintenance to Maintenance Supervisor
- Follow safety procedures in the shop and whenever using tools
- Keep a clean and safe working environment: maintained daily
- Drive forklift as needed for material movement (Certification/training can be provided as needed)
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handing objects less than 100 pounds often.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements sometimes.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting/museum exhibits.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years post high school tech or trade oriented training
- Minimum of one year practical experience applying trade skills
- Past Field Service work preferred but not required
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required
- Requires mechanical integration experience
- Carpentry, welding, plastic, & metal fabrication experience required
- Knowledge of safe use of power & diagnostic tools
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Discovery World/Attn:Caitlynn Jahr, 500 North Harbor Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.