Guest Services Theater Attendant
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
Schedule: Full-time, weekends and evenings required
Under the direction of the Guest Services Manager, the Guest Services Theater Attendant facilitates the day-to-day operations of shows, presentations, and movies in Discovery World’s theater. This individual provides support to the Guest Services team throughout the exhibits, as well as assisting with the development and implementation of on-floor educational experiences for the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Facilitate proper and safe usage of theater equipment and all show supplies.
- Greet all theater groups, provide instructions for proper entry and exit, outline safety precautions and rules of the theater to be followed throughout their experience.
- Maintain firm and friendly control over our guests and the presentation, as safety is your number one priority.
- Assist all Educators and Presenters with facilitation of experiences as needed.
- Support Guest Services team throughout exhibits, and admissions areas as needed.
- Assist with coordination of school group efforts, including-welcoming school groups, leading orientations, and directing school groups to their theater shows and/or lab spaces.
- Work closely with all staff and management to ensure high-quality guest service is provided consistently through all departments.
- Follow up with Guest Services and Education Managers as required ensuring that high-quality experiences are being provided and that the safety of guests is top of mind.
- Work with Guest Services, Experiences, and Education teams to develop and deliver on-floor educational experiences for the general public.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to work with children and families of all ages
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operations, etc.): most of the workday
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds: sometimes.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to chemicals, etc.) sometimes.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements: sometimes.
- Normal setting for this position is: theater and museum exhibits.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience –
- High School Diploma required; some college coursework or college degree preferred
- 1+ years of customer service experience required
- 1+ years of formal or informal education presentation experience preferred
- Theater and/or A/V experience preferred
- Must enjoy a fast-paced environment and working with youth and families
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required –
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working familiarity with general chemistry and physics a plus
- Must be willing to complete First Aid and other safety-focused training as assigned
- Ability to speak effectively and persuasively in front of large groups
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to identify and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required