Reports to: Reservations Supervisor, Director of Finance
Pay Rate: $12/hour
The Reservations Specialist is responsible for promoting and scheduling Discovery World school field trips and group visits, and acting as the front-line representative for all programming reservations. In addition, they are responsible for acting as a liaison to the S/V Denis Sullivan. This entry level position will require an individual who is customer service-oriented to interact with customers on a daily basis and is expected to achieve an optimal level of customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty listed satisfactorily and be flexible to performing other duties as assigned.
- Field all phone calls and emails regarding group visits, program details, and general questions.
- Compile and send reservation invoices, confirmations, and receipts.
- Accept and process payments and refunds, as well as follow up with patrons or groups regarding overdue payments.
- Return all phone calls, voicemails, and emails in a timely manner.
- Promote and sell Discovery World Memberships and educational programming.
- Facilitate and schedule all school field trips and group visits.
- Maintain and keep concise records of all school and group activity in Altru Ticketing Software and all databases.
- Assist in achieving departmental attendance and sales goals.
- Assist in distributing group visit and programming information to potential clients.
- Troubleshoot problems regarding reservations, group visits, and customer complaints via phone, email, and in-person, effectively and with diplomacy.
- Maintain positive relations and constant communication with Discovery World staff, to ensure quality programming.
- Populate programming details accurately in Altru Ticketing Software.
- Direct interaction with the public to generate interest in Discovery World programs and drive traffic to the museum in various environments, which may include such settings as festivals, school meetings, public gatherings (i.e. Point Fish Fry and a Flick, Live at the Lakefront), and other events.
- Work closely with the Marine Operations Department and be well-versed in all programs and sailing options aboard the S/V Denis Sullivan including, but not limited to, public sails, charters, school programs, overnight sails, and corporate events. (Weekend hours will be required during the sailing season.)
- Monitor online sales for accuracy and send confirmations and program materials as needed.
- Other duties as requested and/or required.
- Required to use motor coordination and finger dexterity in conjunction with computer and machine usage for most of the work day.
- Required to speak to customers via telephone, email, and/or in-person.
- May be required to lift objects up to 30 pounds.
- May be exposed to physical occupational risks (cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) in rare circumstances.
- May be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors and noise in rare circumstances.
- The normal setting for this position is an office setting.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform this position.
Education and Experience
- Some college coursework; college degree preferred
- Experience in box office management or ticketing preferred
- Sales and/or Customer Service experience preferred
- Experience with the Altru Ticketing Software preferred, but not required
- 40 hours per week
- Must be flexible to seasonal changes in schedule
- Weekend availability is required when the S/V Denis Sullivan is in port and active (May through October) and as needed
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Mail Merge.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, and in a team setting
- Ability to apply sales and marketing techniques
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective work habits including organizational skills, punctuality, reliable attendance, effective problem-solving, time management, and schedule management.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task, work under tight schedules, and competing priorities.
Instructions to Apply
To apply, send resume with references to Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Discovery World/Attn:Caitlynn Jahr, 500 North Harbor Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202. Resumes sent without references will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.