Summer Camp Coordinator
We are looking for an individual to who is passionate about working with youth, responsible, enthusiastic, and organized to work closely with the Summer Camp Manager to assist in overseeing the Summer Camp program for children ages 6-14. The Summer Camp Coordinator will work Monday through Friday including hours between 7:30am and 5:30pm. This position begins on June 8th and goes until August 25th, 2020. Applicants must be able to commit to all 10 weeks, with additional staff orientation and preparation for camp in the week prior.
Hours include, but are not limited to: Monday through Friday, 7:30am-5:30pm, seasonal
Summer Camp Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assist in oversight of daily activities, general camp operations, and programs to guarantee a quality camp experience for all participants
- Oversee camper check-in, check-out, lunch, snack, and recess times
- Enforce behavior protocols, help children resolve conflicts appropriately, and intervene when children are having behavior issues
- Assist with supervision and monitoring Summer Camp staff, interns, and volunteers. Assign daily direction and tasks
- Provide support to Summer Camp Educators
- Assist in organizing and implementing pre-camp staff trainings
- Assist Summer Camp Manager in maintaining communication with families and addressing concerns in a timely manner
- Assure all paperwork is kept accurate including but not limited to: Rosters, transportation, attendance, health forms, etc.
- Adhere to Discovery World’s safety protocols
- Additional duties as needed, included but not limited to: Supervision of campers, supply inventory, daily upkeep of classrooms, etc.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in camp, youth programs, working with children, and/or a related field
- Ability to implement team building exercises and create a positive, fun, and welcoming camp environment
- Proven leadership skills, comfortable overseeing a team of 20+ members
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a capacity to discuss sensitive material with students and families
- Ability to balance multiple tasks at once while in a fast paced and potentially stressful environment
- Must be able to work for the entire summer camp season
- Must be extremely punctual, enthusiastic, creative, and a problem-solver
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor