Summer Camp Coordinator
We are looking for an individual to who is passionate about working with youth, responsible, enthusiastic, and organized to oversee all aspects of the Summer Camp program for children ages 6-14. The Summer Camp Coordinator will work Monday through Friday including hours between 7:30am and 5:30pm. This position begins on June 12th and goes until August 25th. Applicants must be able to commit to all 11 weeks, staff orientation, and preparation for camp in the weeks prior.
Hours include, but are not limited to: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm, seasonal
Summer Camp Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily activities, general camp operations, and programs to guarantee a quality camp experience for all participants
- Enforce behavior protocols, help children resolve conflicts appropriately, and intervene when children are having behavior issues
- Supervise and monitor Summer Camp staff, interns, and volunteers. Assign daily direction and tasks.
- Assist in organizing and implementing pre-camp staff trainings
- Maintain parent communication and address parent concerns in a timely manner. Seek the assistance of the Senior Education Manager when necessary.
- Assure all paperwork is kept accurate including but not limited to: Rosters, transportation, attendance, health forms, etc.
- Set a good example for Educators and support staff in punctuality, professionalism, enthusiasm, and cleanliness.
- Coordinate and monitor schedules for all Summer Camp Support Staff
- Additional duties as needed, included but not limited to: Supervision of campers, supply inventory and ordering, daily upkeep of classrooms, etc.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in camp, youth programs, working with children, and/or a related field
- Ability to implement team building exercises and create a positive, fun, and welcoming camp environment
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to oversee a team of 10+ staff members
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a capacity to discuss sensitive material with students and families
- Ability to balance multiple tasks at once while in a fast paced and potentially stressful environment
- Must be able to work for the entire 11 weeks of camp
- Must be extremely punctual, enthusiastic, creative, and a problem-solver
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
To apply, send resume with references to Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Discovery World/Attn:Caitlynn Jahr, 500 North Harbor Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202. Resumes sent without references will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.