Summer Camp Support Staff
We are looking for individuals who are responsible, enthusiastic, and passionate about working with youth to work closely with the Summer Camp Coordinator to implement and oversee the Summer Camp Program. Summer Camp Support Staff will work Monday through Friday including hours between 7:30am and 5:30pm. This position begins on June 12th and goes until August 25th. Applicants must be able to commit to all 11 weeks and staff orientation days the week prior.
- Facilitate daily camp operations such as camper check-in, lunch, snack, recess, and check-out
- Lead games and activities and interact with students at lunch, recess, and other play times
- Enforce behavior protocols, help children resolve conflicts appropriately, and intervene when children are having behavior issues
- Oversee the organization of all summer camp documents including health forms, field trip permission slips, weekly rosters, and other relevant camp documents
- Maintain the organization and inventory of supplies and the daily up keep of the labs and lab materials
- Gather materials and deliver supplies for camps
- Assist with camp errands, making reservations, communication with parents, and other duties as assigned.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
- Communicate with the Summer Camp Coordinator and/or parents about student experiences.
- One year of education experience in an informal setting
- Must enjoy a fast-paced environment and have experience working with youth
- Flexible, problem-solver and willing to perform a wide variety of tasks to help the team
- Comfortable assisting with camps focused on an array of subject matter including science, technology, design, and engineering
- Must demonstrate organizational skills and extreme care for details
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
To apply, send resume with references to Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Discovery World/Attn:Caitlynn Jahr, 500 North Harbor Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202. Resumes sent without references will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.