The Program for Inquiry and Science Instruction (PISI) is a new, FREE professional development program for educators, who teach or have been asked to teach science. It offers teachers learning opportunities to grow in their abilities and confidence in leading and creating hands-on activities in their classrooms.
Program Topic: Energy Everywhere!
Energy surrounds us, it moves us, it lets us experience our world. Explore how energy’s transfer and transformation helps us explain what we hear, what we see, and how we communicate.
Program Dates –
- October 30th, 2019
- December 11th, 2019
- January 15th, 2020
- February 19th, 2020
- April 1st, 2020
- May 6th, 2020
Participants will receive –
- Six full-day learning sessions at Discovery World.
- Increased understanding of Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and the Wisconsin Science Standards (WSS).
- Improvement in skills and abilities to teach and implement hands-on and inquiry-based activities on the topic of Energy.
- Increased confidence in teaching science content.
- Reimbursement for the cost of a substitute teacher for each day of the program.
- Lesson plans and activities to implement back in the classroom.
- Supplies and equipment to implement activities back in the classroom.
A special thank you for making The Program for Science and Inquiry possible goes to Daniel M Soref Charitable Trust, Debbink Family Foundation, Herb Kohl Philanthropies, Jon and Noelle Simons, and Power Test.